Saturday, November 3, 2012

Spicy Thai Chicken Coconut Soup

I got the idea to make this soup from my friend, Heather. She made this for me a couple weeks ago, and I LOVED it! I wanted to add a little heat for my spicy tooth (like a sweet tooth, but for spicy food!).

My husband admitted he's never satisfied having just soup for dinner, but this soup really raised the bar! Packed with chicken, vegetables, and a creamy coconut broth, this soup doesn't need anything except a fresh mango and red pepper salad on the side. 


  • olive oil, to coat pan
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
  • 4 teaspoons ginger, minced
  • 4 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 4 teaspoons lemongrass (in a tube)
  • 2 teaspoons Siracha chili sauce
  • 3 cups chicken broth (I used reduced sodium, fat free)
  • 1 1/4 cup light coconut milk
  • 4 teaspoons fish sauce
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
  • green onion strips, chopped cilantro, and lime juice for garnish
Heat oil in large pan; add mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Add Siracha and cook for another minute. 

Pour in chicken broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook for 10 minutes, uncovered. Add chicken; cook a few more minutes to heat chicken.

Top with cilantro and lime juice, then pile up green onion strips to make it look pretty!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment