Thursday, November 8, 2012

Marinated Chicken Pita

It's amazing how cooking can be therapeutic. Is it weird that after a tough day, all I want to do is come home and cook something?  It's not even the eating part that soothes me; it's being in the kitchen, making a little dance between the stove and the sink, sharpening my knife and slowly, methodically chopping vegetables that is so relaxing. Tonight was definitely one of those nights when I'm in no rush to get food on the table, but enjoying my time preparing a meal.


Marinated Chicken Pita

  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • pinch pepper
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
  • whole wheat pitas
  • red onion, tomato, cucumber - all sliced thin
  • plain greek yogurt
Marinate chicken in first 6 ingredients for at least 3 hours or overnight. 

Cook cubed chicken. Stuff warm pitas with chicken, onion, tomato, cucumber, and greek yogurt. 
I served the pitas with tabbouleh; a salad of bulgur, mint and green onion (I'll post that recipe soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment