Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chicken Teriyaki Burgers

When the weather is nice (and sometimes, even when it's not), we try to take advantage of the opportunity to be outside and do some grilling! An easy sandwich to prepare on the grill is a chicken teriyaki burger with grilled pineapple. Of course, I'm not the one doing the grilling, but I'll happily prep the food to be grilled!


Chicken Teriyaki Burgers
  • one large or two small chicken breasts
  • teriyaki marinade
  • pineapple slices
  • pepper jack cheese
  • "special sauce": 1 part light mayo, 1 part sweet relish, 1 part siracha hot sauce
  • toppings of choice (tomato, red onion, etc.)
  • wheat buns
Thinly slice chicken breasts, lengthwise. I make sure the chicken is about the diameter of a bun, and 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Cover the chicken in teriyaki marinade. Refrigerate for a few hours. 

To prepare the food for the grill, I get out the chicken, cheese and pineapple. Then I chop the tomato and onion, and mix together the sauce.  My husband and I have the timing down, so that he's done grilling at the same time I'm done prepping the sandwich stuff. 

I must warn you, this sandwich is MESSY!! But it tastes so good. I wouldn't eat this in public; I usually end up having pineapple juice and/or "special sauce" dripping down my chin. Not a pretty sight!




No comments:

Post a Comment