Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chicken Burgers

I decided that I'd officially start "Puffer Vest Friday", a day of the week when it's ok to wear my sporty puffer vest! It seemed appropriate on Friday last week, since it was supposed to start snowing overnight. 
I never really understood the value of a puffer vest...it doesn't cover arms, which also are vulnerable to cold! But after I had been wearing it for a few hours on Friday, and then took it off, I finally realized how warm it was keeping my core! I wish "Puffer Vest Friday" was more often than once a week.
Chicken Burgers
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Makes 4 large patties
Colorful chopped veggies!
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
  • 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1/2 tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 1 carrot, finely chopped
  • 1 pound lean ground chicken
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
  • salt and pepper 
Finely chop all vegetables and sautee over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Mix together vegetables, ground chicken, bread crumbs, seasoning, and salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties. 

I made these ahead of time, so I wrapped them individually in plastic, and put them in the fridge until I was ready to grill. You can cook them on an outdoor grill or (if it's cold and rainy, like it is here), you can cook them in a sautee pan or George Foreman grill, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
This was my husband's burger. He couldn't wait to take a bite!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should go ahead and allow yourself to wear the puffer vest any day of the week...

    ReplyDelete