Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Creamsicle Green Smoothie

I love my green smoothies. If I'm able to make it home immediately after a workout, I'll blend up a variation of my green smoothie. The "base" consists of a couple handfuls of spinach, a heaping scoop of whey protein powder, half of a banana, and some ice cubes (depending on how cold I am). If I can't make it home within 45 minutes after my workout, I bring my handy-dandy shaker with me to the gym and feed my muscles with a boring protein shake (water + protein powder: see why I said boring?!).

I'm pretty pleased with today's smoothie: a creamsicle green smoothie. Tastes almost like one of those frothy orange drinks that you can get at the mall. Try it, I think you'll like it!

Creamsicle Green Smoothie
  • 2 handfuls baby spinach
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1 teaspoon banana cream instant pudding mix (sugar-free and fat-free)
  • 1/2 cup orange juice (I used Trop50)
  • a couple ice cubes
Blend until smooth and creamy. I think the pudding mix gives it a little extra creaminess. 


1 comment:

  1. This sounds good enough that I want to work out just so I have an excuse to make it!

    ReplyDelete