Saturday, October 27, 2012

Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito

Have I mentioned how much I love breakfast? This morning we indulged in breakfast burritos AND french toast. Savory and sweet. I can't think of a better combination! I said I'll never need to eat again after this breakfast.  I was more stuffed than my husbands' burrito (which was so full he couldn't roll it up, instead he ate it like a huge taco).
Meals like this make me thankful for how much I work out. Every day I go to the gym makes up for occasional splurges. And it's so worth it!

Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito

  • 1 pound lean turkey sausage
  • 1 baked potato, cubed
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
  • 6 eggs, beaten
  • tortillas
  • black beans
  • salsa
  • cheese
Brown turkey sausage in skillet until fully cooked, about 10 minutes. Set aside on paper towel-lined plate. Cook onions and peppers in skillet until soft. In another skillet, cook baked potato cubes with a  little bit of oil. Add beaten eggs to onions and peppers, cook over medium heat, turning constantly for about 4 minutes, until eggs are scrambled. Warm tortillas, and STUFF!! 

We had quite a bit leftover, so I made a few more burritos and froze them.

No comments:

Post a Comment