Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thai Chicken Pizza

I think I've finally mastered the wheat pizza crust! Yay! I have always had problems with my pizza crusts: too sticky, too thin, too thick; but I'm so excited that I figured out the exact combination of white bread flour and whole wheat flour, how long to let rise, and how to roll out and bake ahead! Phew! Sounds like a lot of work compared to picking up a pre-made crust at the store, right? I think it's worth it.

While I'm not sharing that recipe right now, I want to talk about the Thai Pizza that my husband and I love. One of the reasons we enjoy this pizza so much is because it has some of our favorite flavors! Spicy peanut sauce, topped with chicken, green onions, red pepper, and cilantro; we probably have this at least once a month.




Thai Chicken Pizza

  • Wheat pizza crust
  • 1/3 to 1/2 cup spicy peanut sauce
  • 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
  • 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onion
  • shredded cheese (optional)
  • 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup julienned carrots
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Pre-heat oven to 400. Mix chili garlic sauce with peanut sauce. Spread evenly over crust. Top with chicken, green onions, and cheese (if you like cheese!). Bake for 15 minutes.

Take out of oven and sprinkle bell pepper, carrots, cilantro, and peanuts over pizza. Slice and EAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment